Sunday 23 June 2013

Aloo Gobi Ki Sabji (Potato, Cauliflower dry Curry)

A week without indian food? Impossible for me. ;)
But what to cook then? Chicken again? 
Well, I love chicken but somehow I needed something else. And it doesn´t have to be meat always. 
So I choosed something veggie. I´m a veggie lover too and eat almost everything. 
When I went for shopping I saw this cute small caulifower and so the decision was taken. It will be Aloo Gobi, it´s quite a while that I had that dish. 
It´s one of the most famous indian meals and easy to make. Wanna try it?





















Ingredients:

  • 1 small cauliflower
  • 1 medium potato
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 medium tomatoes
  • 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
  • Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
  • 2 tsp Garam Masala
  • Turmeric
  • 1 tsp Jeera powder (dried cumin)
  • 1 tsp Dhaniya powder (coriander)
  • Red Chilli powder as per taste (I used 2 to 3 tsp)
  • Jeera (cumin) seeds
  • Mustard seeds
  • Oil
  • Salt to taste

First steps:

  • Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash it.
  • Peel the potato and cut it into small cubes.
  • Chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces and keep aside.

Method:

  • cook the potato and cauliflower separately with salt. For the cauliflower also add some tumeric to the water.
    Make sure that the potato is nearly cooked but still has a bit to it.
  • Take a big skillet and add about 2 Tbsps of oil. Add 1 tsp jeera seeds and 1 tsp mustard seeds and fry until it splutters.
  • Add ginger garlic paste and the diced onions.
  • After the onions are sautéed and turned transparent, add salt and turmeric & chilli powder and mix well.
  • Add the tomatoes, Garam Masala, Dhaniya & Jeera powder. Stir well until the tomatoes cook completely. Next add the cooked cauliflower, potato to this and mix well. Cover with lid and allow it to cook. Add little water in between if necessary.
  • Lastly garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

With this I have selfmade Chapatis/ Rotis.


If you try it I would love to know how you like it.

Your SunShine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011

HoneynSunShine-en
, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena