Monday 22 July 2013

Brinjal Curry

I´m not a vegetarian but even for me it doesn´t need to be meat everytime when I cook. There is such a variety of vegetables with countless of recipe´s. Most of all in the indian cuisine.

The best veggi curries I had in India of course and Brinjal (Eggplant) was one of my favorites. I was looking for a recipe which could be similar to hat one I tasted in Chennai and ended up with trying it this way:




















Ingredients:
  1. Brinjal (medium,cut into small pieces) – 4
  2. Onion – 1
  3. Tomato – 1
  4. Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
  5. green chilly – 3
  6. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
  7. Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
  8. Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
  9. Mustard seeds -1 tsp
  10. salt 
  11. Oil

Method:

  1. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter the mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry till soft brown and add curry leaves too.
  2. Add chopped green chilli and fry a bit, add chopped tomatoes and stir for 2-3 mins.
  3. Add chopped brinjal pieces, tumeric powder, red chilly powder, salt  and stir well 
  4. 1 cup of water and mix well.
  5. Add little oil to it and cover and cook till it´s done.
  6. Serve warm  with rice or roti/ chapati. 

I had rice with it. Still it´s not the one that I was looking for but it turned out quite well and tasty. So maybe you like to try it too. 
At least it´s a really simple one. :) 

Yours
SunShine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011

HoneynSunShine-en
, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena